Your digital warehouse for images, documents, videos, training and other PGPro resources. Get started
Hand washing, hand sanitizing and proper food handling processes are the most common areas of focus in personal hygiene, because hand contact is the most common method of disease transmission. Proper hand hygiene education is crucial for any professional, especially those working in food, health care or customer service industries. Remind your staff: Employees must wash hands!
- Wet your hands with clean running water and apply soap. Use warm water if it is available.
- Rub hands together to make lather and scrub all surfaces.
- Continue rubbing hands for 15-20 seconds. Need a time? Imagine singing "Happy Birthday" twice through to a friend.
- Rinse hands well under running water.
- Dry hands using a paper towel or air dryer. If possible, use your paper towel to turn off the faucet.